15.8.08

What do I talk about?

Believe it or not, I have never blogged. I haven't written anything that could be viewed by others since I was a freshman at Cowley County Community College. The last time I used a QWERTY application to express myself was when I texted my life story to John William White (My BFF x 4) (I have a lot of BFFs.) Notice that I placed the period inside of the parenthesis because I passed COMP 1...barely.

This is new to me but not new to my family. My brother blogs weekly about sports, but yet that's through his job and then some. If I'm gonna try and "keep up" with Mick, that means I have to have find a different angle.

"Great observation, Scott" is what people will say.

So while my brother has sports cornered, I'll do something else. How about current events? Current Events huh? That category is the only reason I was on the Scholars Bowl team in junior high and high school. I was that guy that couldn't/shouldn't/didn't know anything else than what was happening at that point in time. Super Bowl? I got the answer! Oscar for Best Actor? I got the answer! Fermat's Last Theorem? Well, not so much. BUT! The team had people for that, thankfully!

We won the league tournament my 8th grade year. Nothing gets the ladies like a shiny SCBL Scholars Bowl medal. Caldwell girls are classy like that. Starting quarterbacks? Guys with motorcycles? Cliche. Scholars bowl will get you a lot of things. Respect, pride and sense of worth aren't any of those things but atleast I wasn't the kid answering the math questions. He was a dork.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

MOST new bloggers blog daily.